David Rosenbloom - Selective Chronology
- trio: Shards of Light iTunes Amazon Dark Roots 007, 2013
- Sound & Light I: video/music, Roulette, May 2009
- Eye I: video/music, Big Muddy Film Festival, 2006
- Departure Redux: An Image (2004) Digitally manipulated chorus.
- Lake Isle of Innisfree (2003) Voice, electric guitar, bass, drums.
- Leviathan (2001) Electric guitar, bass, drums. Knitting Factory, October '01.
- Mysteries (2001) Folk, solo & with the Outlanders - 10 original songs. Amazon iTunes
- Archeology (2001) Chinese Puzzle. Found tunes (instrumental) : The Hollies' Bus
Stop, Ellington/Tizol/Mills Caravan, Dylan's Ballad of Hollis Brown,
Left Banke's Pretty Ballerina, My Favorite Things, Lennon/McCartney's Things
We Said Today , Rosenbloom's Dem Bones.
bass: David Hofstra; drums: John Mernit; guitar: David Rosenbloom.
- Reliquary (2001) Electric Chorus & Orchestra - live and archival recordings: Millennial World (1993), Q (1989), Trio, from Job's Complaint (live, 1982), Flowers, from Departure (live, 1981), Requiem for the Fallen (live, 1988), Charon (the Boatman). Amazon iTunes
- Music Is (2000) Folk, solo & with the Outlanders - 10 original songs. Amazon. iTunes
- Time and Again (1996) Chinese Puzzle. First performed Green Meadow Music
Festival, May 1996, bass: David Hofstra; drums: Kevin Norton; guitar: David Rosenbloom.
- Millennial World (1994) Millennium Auction, Eidolon CD-ROM (redbook track #2).
Duration: 7.5 minutes. Flute: Robert De Bellis; oboe: Brian Charles violin: Mark Feldman,
Laura Seaton; cello: Eric Friedlander; guitar: David Rosenbloom; bass: David Hofstra;
drums: Kevin Norton.
- Q (1989) First performed Roulette, October '89. duration: 12 minutes. Violin:
Mark Feldman; bass: David Hofstra; flute: Laura Josephson; drums: Kevin Norton; guitar:
- Elephant's Dream (1989) First performed Roulette, October '89. Digerido/oboe:
Brian Charles; bass: Mark Hagan, David Hofstra; drums: Kevin Norton; synth: Alex Noyes;
baritone sax: Dave Sewelson; guitar/flute: David Rosenbloom.
- Requiem for the Fallen (1989) first performed at the Bang on a Can Festival, May
1989. Text from the Latin Requiem Mass; additional text by composer. Dedicated to Andrew
Rosenbloom and other victims of AIDS. duration: appx 14 minutes. voices: Jonathan
Bepler, bass, and Jill Burton, soprano; oboe: Brian Charles; flute: Laura Josephson; bass:
Mark Hagan; synth: Alex Noyes; drums: John Mernit; guitar: David Rosenbloom.
- Arcturus (Phase I) (1985) Taped voice (textless), Emulator, DX-7 & TX-8-16,
sound table, flute, oboe, bass/tuba, drumset/percussion, viola, guitar. Commisssioned by
Harvestworks/NYSCA. First performed Saint Peter's Church, November, '85.
- Stone-faced Parables All Consent (1984) 3 voices, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, Lyricon wind
synthesizer, violin, viola, keyboards, guitar, bass, 2 drumsets. First performed PASS at
Whitman performance space, April, '84.
- Charon (the Boatman) (1983) Groningen, Holland, July '83. duration: 12 minutes.
Pipe organ: David Rosenbloom.
- Meditations (1983) Solo guitar/flute/electronics. First performed Munster Art
Museum, West Germany, June 1983. Guitar/flute: David Rosenbloom.
- Silver/Koto (1983) Chinese Puzzle. First performed Mudd Club, March 1983. bass:
David Hofstra; drums: John Mernit; guitar: David Rosenbloom.
- Job's Complaint (1982) 2 voices, synthesizer, flute/alto sax, 2 oboes/soprano
sax, trumpet, violin, cello, 2 drumsets. Text from the Book of Job and Psalms, and the
composer. First performed Saint Peter's Church, November '82.
- Souls of Chaos (1982) 2 voices, flute, oboe, violin, cello, guitar, bass, drums.
Text from Robinson Jeffers, Abraham Isaac Kook, traditional folk song, and the composer.
First performed Inroads, June '82. && Departure (1981) 8 voices, 3 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 violins, cello, 2 doublebasses,
soprano sax, French horn, organ, percussion. Text from gnostic Gospel of Thomas;
additional text by composer. First performed Saint Peter's Church, January, '82.
- Workshop Pieces (1981) 12 voices. Found text. First performed at Inroads, May '83
- Water Music (1981) Solo guitar/flute/electronics; first performed at Just Above
Midtown gallery, June '81.
- Chinese Puzzle (1979-81, 1995-onward) Experimental electric trio with David
Hofstra, bass, and John Mernit, drums. Amazon iTunes
To Music Samples
Back to Trembling Veil Home Page
Back to The Artifactory Home Page